Friday, February 10, 2012

Milestones - Cancerversary & Bloggerversary

Today, I am celebrating my 2 year cancer survivorship, also known as my Cancer-versary.  My date marks the anniversary of my surgery and the date that my cancer was removed.  I was diagnosed on January 28, 2010 and my surgery was performed February 10, 2010.   I have chosen the date of my mastectomy for my milestone even though I still had 16 chemotherapy treatments and 33 radiation treatments ahead of me. On this date, I was a survivor. 

I am not alone in my celebration, my husband, my daughters, my mother, my brothers, my sister (also a breast cancer survivor) and so many relatives and friends also deserve to celebrate.   It is a special day for all.  I will always be reminded of the love, support and prayers from everyone who stood by me through this journey. 

This day also marks the 6 month "Bloggerversary" (anniversary of my blog, I made up the word) launch which is also 'cancer related'.   I started blogging while recovering from my bilateral breast cancer reconstruction with my first post, French Blue ChestI had a terrible reaction to Vicodin and was literally up for 2+ days straight.  So, what else does one do at 3am other than start a blog....It seemed a natural thing for me to do! 

I'm proud that I have over 500+ followers, have had over 65,000+ page views and have now reached over 1,000+ comments in 6 months.  On some days, this blog has given me a reason to get up in the morning or motivation to complete a project.  Knowing that maybe someone is interested in what I have to say or is looking forward to what I've painted or refinished or recycled, brightens my day.

I am reminded each and every day that I am lucky to be alive and I am blessed to have so many wonderful friends and the most unbelievably supportive and loving family. 

Finally, thank you to each and every one of my Followers and my TOP REFERRING SITES....


Have you celebrated any recent milestones?  I would love for you to share them with us.
Let me know what you think....
.


PS.  This is my 100th post!!!

9 comments:

  1. Beyond proud of you! Happy Cancerversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Larrisa, you will power on and upward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Cancerversary and your blogerversary! I, too, am a cancer survivor. But my cancer was much easier to treat. Seven and a half years ago I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The only treatment I needed after surgery was some radioactive iodine. Then last May I found out I had a return of the cancer in some lymph nodes in my neck. So had a second surgery. But I am cancer free today!
    Congratulations to all cancer survivors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Grandma Barb; Congratulations...you inspire me. Heather

      Delete
  4. Happy Cancerversary and Bloggerversary! Looking forward to more inspiring projects from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cancerversary! What a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! 2 very special anniversaries, for sure! Congratulations to you (and your family)!!!!! Love your blog, you are very inspiring in many different ways! God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 great things to celebrate. While I wish the cancerversary was never necessary, I'm sure glad you have it. And the bloggerversary -- you've come a long way in 6 months. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete