Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chrome To Brushed Nickel!!!

I've been working feverishly at completing our daughters' bathroom.  I've refinished the cabinets, replaced lighting, painted walls, sewn curtains and changed out the shower curtain and rod but the cabinet hardware just wasn't working for me. I purchased this chrome hardware a couple of years ago and still really like the style and size but not the shiny finish.


So, I set out to find the best way to change the finish.  The only option I found online was to use Fine Steel Wool but I didn't have much success.

I figured I had nothing to lose and took out my Extra Fine sanding block and started sanding.  With a little bit of grit and grind, I'm thrilled with the outcome.  Voila!!!


Let me know what you think.....

Heather

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I have spent the last few years going from shiny brass to to Oil Rubbed Bronze but I will remember this in the future.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this piece of writing fully regarding thе resemblаnce of newest and previous
    tеchnologiеs, it's awesome article.

    Also visit my page; meuble salle de bain pas cher

    ReplyDelete