Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Painting for Charity - Princess Fairy Chair

When I began blogging in August, I mentioned that I am frequently asked to paint furniture, especially children's furniture for fundraisers.

Unfortunately, I have not been good at taking pictures of these items but I did find these few photos of a cute little "Princess Fairy" chair that I painted this past year for the Western Pennsylvania Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. 

I often find inspiration from children's books, blankets, pictures and even toys.  In this case, it was a book about a fairy princess.  The seat of the chair features the princess herself and it is surrounded by dainty flowers.


I then added a sweet multi colored fringe, polka dots and of course, more flowers.


The spindles were painted in coordinating colors and voila....


A perfect chair for a little fairy princess!



14 comments:

  1. that is so adorable! emmy would just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Little Princess" who got this adorable chair is a very lucky "little Princess" for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have painted chairs for a fundraiser for a local school for disabled children... they call it "Take A Seat."

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters would love a chair(s) like this! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got idea how to give a new look to my old furnitures. How cool that your business is growing, In this economy especially, that's awesome. The chair looks awesome. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweeeeeeeeet-est. Love it!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo pretty chair. Everyone would love it, not only a girl. You've a care and kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! It has a little skirt, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, and what's even better is the way you're doing it for a cause. I'd be honored if you'd share it here:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/csh-thursday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable, and wonderful that you're doing this for a cause. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! How perfect for a little girls' room! My kids would definitely have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great blog you have! These are adorable and for charity, as well! Very cute! I am now your newest follower; and I hope that you will follow me, too! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet and fun. I also do painted furniture. Most of it I sell but have also done some charitable work. I love reading where you get your inspiration because this piece is totally precious. I especially liked the addition of the ruffle. It just took it to the next level.
    Thanks so much for linking it up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable and it's so sweet of your to do it for charity!

    ReplyDelete