Thursday, October 13, 2011

Repurpose Thursday - Flower Lamp Shade

Today, I am starting a new weekly feature entitled "Repurpose Thursday". Every Thursday I will feature items from clothing to furniture that I have 'repurposed' as well as creative repurposing from around the web.  I hope you are inspired by this feature to repurpose, reinvent, reuse and recycle.   So, here it goes...

It's often hard to part with certain items in your wardrobe for a variety of reasons.  Well, in this case, I had purchased a blouse for an event I was attending that has since hung in my closet for years.  I loved its pleated chiffon accents.


I then developed an interest in handmade rosettes and it dawned on me that I could use these rosettes pratically anywhere and this blouse was the perfect item to start creating flowers with.  YES, I tore up the blouse to make flowers!!!  I knew that I could use them on a number of projects and the first was on a lamp shade for my daughter's university apartment.


I sewed a number of different sizes with the different pleated ruffles from the blouse and then glued them on to the lampshade and voila!!! 

Lampshade closeups from two different angles....






Voila!  Sitting on my piano before it heads to my daughter's apartment....




I tried to incorporate some of Centsational Girl's photography tips, I still have a long way to go!

Let me know what you think....

7 comments:

  1. Love the lamp shade & love your idea of repurposing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lampshade looks great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! Love that it is repurposed ..I just found a second hand sweater to make into a pillow. How fun is repurposing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea and the lampshade looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larissa, what a cute lampshade. Great work. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! This blog post could not be written much better! Looking at this
    article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept talking about this.
    I am going to send this post to him. Pretty sure he'll have a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!

    my blog post redderbook.besaba.com

    ReplyDelete