Sunday, December 2, 2012

More Cheers!!!

As a young girl, I remember my father making homemade Eggnog every Christmas.  It was one of my favorite things about ChristmasTime!!!  He used real eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and milk.

So, I set out to find the best Eggnog recipes on the web to share with you.

From Tiffany @ The Gracious Pantry, we have a Clean Eating Eggnog version of this traditional English drink. It's not only low in fat but it's also clean of all the processed sugar and additives you find in the store bought eggnog.

Clean Eating Eggnog

Epicurean Mom, Katie delivers a rich, spiced 'cooked' eggnog which she prepares with par-cooked eggs and lots of spices.  Delish!!!

Epicurean Mom

Martha Stewart provides us a true twist on tradition with her Eggnog Martini. "Spreading good cheer is easy -- greet guests with brandied eggnog" 

Martha Stewart

Erica Lea from Cooking for Seven shares her Homemade Eggnog 'custard' version for us to enjoy.

Cooking for Seven


Finally, I found The Best Eggnog Ever by Jen Altman of Nectar and Light which was featured at Design Sponge.

Eggnog4a
Nectar and Light
I know my father would have enjoyed all of these!!!

Let me know what you think....

Heather

1 comment:

  1. And, so would your Mom! You have brought back great memories of family gatherings at Christmas time! Your Dad did make delicious eggnog which everyone loved! Thx for the memory Dear! Love, Mom...Mom...xoxox

    ReplyDelete